Senecio Herreianus (String of Beads)
A distinctive hanging plant with long strings of thick 'beads'. They can bloom little white flowers in the Summer, which last around a month. String of Beads, very similar to its sister 'String of Pearls', is a succulent, meaning it doesn't like much water and definitely doesn't like water to sit on its leaves.
- Water: Allow potting mix to completely dry out between waterings. I would recommend bottom watering (placing water onto a tray beneath the pot with drainage holes and leaving for 30 mins before tipping the water away) - it will soak up what it needs. Bottom watering is best because its 'beads' are very sensitive to rot if left wet.
- Light: Light lover, will do best in bright, indirect light.
- Temperature/Humidity: Happy in temperatures from 12°C +. Non-fussy about humidity.
- Pets: Can be toxic if eaten, keep away from furry friends & children.
- Feeding: Weak solution (1/4 strength is plenty) of liquid plant food every 1-2 months in Spring & Summer.
Pot size: 15cm
Please note: All plants are provided in a plastic nursery pot. Any outer decorative pots photographed are for illustration purposes. This plant is not for consumption.