Philodendron Scandens Brasil (Sweetheart Plant)
Philodendron Scandens are known as 'heart leaf philodendron' or 'sweetheart plant' due to the heart shape of the leaves. Each leaf is different, which makes it fascinating to watch grow as each new leaf unfurls! They look amazing trailing but can also be trained to grow up a moss pole or trellis. The large size comes on a moss pole ready to climb! These plants are air purifying so are great for your environment whilst adding a pop of lime green.
- Water: Once the top two inches of the potting mix have dried out. You can spot a thirsty philodendron if the leaves go droopy! Do not allow to sit in water.
- Light: Tolerant of low light. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Temperature/Humidity: Happier in high humidity but won't die if left in a lower humidity environment. Aim for temperatures of 15°C and above.
- Pets: Harmful if eaten. Can also be a skin/eye irritant. Keep out of reach of fluffy friends and children!
- Feeding: Feed once a month in growing season (Spring & Summer) using a diluted liquid plant food. Do not feed unless the plant is actively growing.
Pot size: 13cm (small) 15cm (large)
Height: 15cm (small) 50cm (large)
Please note: All plants are provided in a plastic nursery pot. Any outer decorative pots photographed are for illustration purposes. This plant is not for consumption.